Sunday, February 7, 2021

Speech Theories Post

 


The eight values of free expression are marketplace of ideas, participation of self government, stable change, individual fulfillment, check on governmental power, promote tolerance, promote innovation and protect dissent.  I believe that the fifth and eighth values of free expression are the most important.  I think this because we have the right to speak out against the government, especially if they are doing something unconstitutional.  One example of why US citizens should be allowed to criticize the government is the way they treated Australian news reporter Julian Assange.  They arrested him because he witnessed American Soldiers killing innocent people in the Middle East, and has been in prison for many years because he called the government out because of the killings of these innocent people.  In my opinion this should not be allowed, and I am surprised that such a little amount of Americans know about Julian Assange.  We really need to speak out against the government if they are doing stuff like this, especially if it keeps happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post

          I believe that even though there are some negative aspects of technology, I have not had many problems with my devices.  There are...